Lighting Industry related British Standards
IET launches Amendment to Wiring Regulations
- Published: Monday, 23 February 2015 20:00
All users of the IET Wiring Regulations need to be aware of the coming changes in Amendment No. 3 to the 17th Edition (BS 7671:2008+A3:2015).
Potentially life-saving changes are proposed making this a vital update. These changes are expected to include (but are not limited to) amendments in the following areas:
- Consumer units (to come into effect January 2016)
- Wiring in escape routes
- Changes to earth fault loop impedances for all protective devices
- Updated EIC and EICR forms
- Changes to definitions throughout the Regulations
Amendment No. 3 is now published and comes into effect on 1 July 2015. All new installations from this point must comply with Amendment No. 3 to BS 7671:2008.
Get your copy of the 17th Edition BS 7671:2008+A3:2015 here
Tags: British Standards